Surface Feeder is a feeder mounted at the surface level so as to facilitate receiving of materials from very close to ground level and discharging at an elevation, providing space to install downstream conveyor systems. Surface feeders may be stationery or mobile on crawlers/wheels.
The Surface Feeder meets the needs of clients for a mobile solution to receive bulk materials like clinker, fly ash, chemicals, limestone, mineral ore, coal, aggregate, etc. directly from trucks.
- Very useful for fixed plant projects where the flexibility of surface installation is a clear benefit, particularly in port applications where construction and maintenance of conventional underground pits are expensive due to high ground water level.
- Loading possible from 3 sides of the charge hopper of Surface Feeder.
- Surface Feeder may be economically utilized in handling a wide range of materials like limestone, pet coke, stone grits, fly ash, chemicals, municipal and agricultural waste etc.
Benefits of Surface Feeder:
- No requirement for deep pits or expensive fixed civil work.
- Single piece integrated machine with compact design.
- Fast truck discharge at a very low height from ground level.
- Controlled rate feeding - no risk of bridging or blockage of materials on the belt.
- Can handle wet, dry, dusty materials.
- Combines best features of chain and belt conveying.
- Wide apron belt design allowing trucks or the shovels to discharge directly onto the Surface Feeder Belt.
- Capacity ranges upto 2000 TPH (depending on Truck Cycle times)